This city is the first of many (the model could be "sold") that could be built in the NAFTA zone from San Diego to Brownsville -- aimed toward the coveted target-market that lies within the 300 mile "zone" along our U.S.A. eastern seaboard.
Carlye owns CSX railroad along the eastern seaboard.
Grupo Mexico is hoping to bid and win on a 50 year contract to run the Port of Punta Colonet and the freight rail to this international city and its port of entry -- the north/south rail has already been arranged. UP Railroad has begun to aquire the land north of this site for its modal container platform and oil storage for its east-west Sunset line --- also within the toxic shadow of the EL Paso Asarco stacks.
- And it is all done by ignoring the illegal and secret ASARCO contamination sealed in the 1998 DOJ settlement with Asarco.
- It is all done by sacrificing the young, the elderly and infirm living in this region to the toxic waste.
- It is done by marginalizing those who seek to speak out, and eliminating their economic-base.
- It is done by sacrificing people living across from the smelter in Mexico and by sacrificing Mexican Americans in this border city.
- It is done by putting profit above health - - and profit above scruples.
- It is done by looking the other way and talking about "risk-assessment" when trying to link 110 years of smelting toxins to the health problems surrounding the stacks-of-asarco