-------- Original Message --------
|Subject:||Project Navigator omits key information from the most important EPA/DOJ Asarco document|
|Date:||Sun, 04 Apr 2010 20:05:47 -0600|
sb: Site Reports and Documents, "Department of Justice Memo, July 31, 1998"
Mr. Puga, the "memo" you posted is not complete and it is not accurate. Please correct these mistakes immediately.
- You have omitted the cover-letter sent detailing how and when that document became public-domain after 8 years of secrecy when the Federal DOJ Attorney decided to honor the TX P.I.A. request (NYTimes 10/2006)
- You have added a document that was not part of that record (Mr. Clouse's email). Mr. Clouse's email was written in response to my queries for that info/report and were meant to cover-up what actually happened. This was not simply sham recycling - but the deliberate burning of unmanifested toxic-wastes for profit over many years according to that confidential-for-settlement-purposes only DOJ-EPA document.
- You have omitted the remainder of that confidential-for-settlement-purposes only DOJ-EPA document (apparently DELIBERATELY since this has been available off the Newspapertree website and the epGTLO blog for years now) that details the shipments and company/source names of the illegal hazardous-wastes identified by the EPA/DOJ and provides even more text and discussion.
- You placed this document at the very END of your list when it is the single most important document in this ASARCO saga -- so much so that Rep. Reyes, Chair of the House Intelligence Committee, made the statement that ASARCO had paid MILLIONS on condition that the details of what it had done would never become public. The DOJ however has released the information publicly, and this information and all related to it is now PUBLIC DOMAIN, no matter how much ASARCO hopes otherwise.
- You titled this CONFIDENTIAL-FOR-SETTLEMENT-PURPOSES-ONLY DOJ-EPA Asarco 73 page document as a "Memo" and cut it down to 28 pages!!
Please correct this immediately.